KSU New Hire Onboarding Information
Welcome to Kennesaw State University!
We are excited you have chosen to join our team and look forward to you joining us. The following is information regarding the on-boarding process at KSU.
KSU utilizes an online system for employees to complete most of their required new hire paperwork.
Please note, if you are relocating to Georgia, you will need to indicate your Georgia address when completing your new hire paperwork.
Please Note: New employees will not be granted access to KSU systems (email, Net ID, etc) until 15 days before your start date.
In order to successfully complete the onboarding process please follow the steps listed below:
- You will receive two emails from email@example.com in order to complete your hiring packet. The first email will include your login
ID and instructions for accessing the new hire portal. The second email will contain
your password for that portal.
- Once you complete your online new hire packet, please click here to schedule your appointment to present your required I-9 documents (see attached
list of I-9 acceptable documents; all documents must be original and unexpired). Once you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you remain outside and call 470-578-6030 to let us know that you have arrived, and wait until instructed to enter the building.
You will be required to wear a face covering while in the building, and bring a pen
with you to sign two additional documents required for your employment file.
>>>You must schedule your visit to HR no later than three business days after your start date.
- New Employee Portal: The new employee portal can be accessed welcome2ksu.kennesaw.edu here. Note, there will be no in-person orientation. Information on accessing the
KSU computer network may be found here: https://uits.kennesaw.edu/support/netid.php
- Familiarize yourself with HR policies. Policies governing your employment at Kennesaw State University can be found at https://hr.kennesaw.edu/policies/index.php and University System of Georgia policies can be found at https://www.usg.edu/hr/policies.
- Right to Know Training. As a condition of employment, all new employees are required to complete a Right to
Know training module. Right to Know Training can be found at https://www.usg.edu/facilities/rtk-ghs/. At the end of the training you will enter personal information and a certificate
>>>Please save as a pdf and email the certificate of completion to TAM@kennesaw.edu
- Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Form: The Kennesaw State University Motor Vehicle Operator Policy ensures that all employees
who drive vehicles on behalf of KSU have the appropriate documentation of a license
to drive and operate the vehicle. The policy requires appropriate training based on
the nature of the driving requirements associated with the employee’s position. This
policy applies to all KSU employees and KSU-qualified volunteers who will operate
a vehicle on University business, regardless of frequency of driving and ownership
of the vehicle.
>>>All KSU employees must complete an MVR form.
Please note: If you will NEVER operate any vehicle for business purposes, do not have a driver’s license, or if you have a Class CP (learner’s permit) or a Class D (provisional permit) please complete the MVR Exemption Form. Please select one of the following:
- Georgia MVR Form—please click here
- Out-Of-State MVR Form—please click here
- Exemption MVR Form—please click here
- Additional documentation. In order to fulfill Federal tax reporting requirements, we enter your name in the
HR database exactly as it is shown on your Social Security card. You will be asked
to present your Social Security card to verify this information. Please note your
paycheck will be issued in the name that appears on your Social Security Card. If
the name that appears on your Social Security Card is not the name that you currently
use (i.e., you have had a name change), you must visit the Social Security Administration
office and request a new card with the correct name. Once you provide your new Social
Security card to HR, our records will be changed accordingly.
KSU Credentials: As a new member on campus, you will be assigned two unique identifiers: the KSU# and NetID. Your NetID is your unique identifier for electronic accounts. NetID is used to access your email and other various campus computing resources. You will receive an official email; however, you are also able to utilize the KSU NetID lookup tool to obtain this information. To test your NetID credentials, go to the NetID Customer Portal. Login with your NetID and password. If you are successful, you will be logged in to the NetID Services page.
Please note: For those employees whose offer of employment is extended well in advance of your start date, your access to KSU systems will not be provisioned until 15 days before your official start date. For those employees whose offer of employment is extended close to the expected start date, it MAY take up to 7 business days after confirmation of clearing background checks for your NetID to be assigned.
- Your Talon Card is your key to campus and an important part of your employee experience at KSU. It provides door entry to applicable buildings and rooms on campus, access to copiers and printing, Meal Plan entries to the dining halls, plus you can receive off-campus discounts at local restaurants and businesses when you show your card. Visit the Talon Card Services website for instructions to take and upload a photo for your Talon Card (KSU ID) on the third day following receipt of this email. You will need to bring a valid, government-issued photo ID to show when you pick up your card from the Talon One Service Center after receiving approval via email. Instructions for scheduling an appointment to pick up your Talon Card will be sent when you receive approval. Contact the Talon One Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (470) 578-8663 (T-ONE) if you have any questions.
Our office is located on the 2nd floor of the Town Point Building, 3391 Town Point Dr NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144, behind Springhill Suites and Mellow Mushroom near the intersection of Town Point Drive and Chastain Road.
We look forward to seeing you.