• You may enroll or make changes to your contribution amount at anytime. Both Part-Time and Full-Time faculty and staff are eligible to contribute to 403(b) and 457(b) account. You must submit your enrollment/change form by the first of the month to have your enrollment/change take effect for that month. More information about the 403(b)/457(b) plans is available here.

  • Yes. To add a dependent to your coverage during Open Enrollment, you will be asked to submit proof of the dependents' eligibility directly to OneUSG Connect Benefits.
  • Under the Medical, dental, and vision plans, the coverage for your dependent child will continue until the end of the month in which your dependent child turns age 26 or until you remove your dependent child from coverage due to a Qualifying Life Event (i.e. the dependent child obtains medical coverage elsewhere).

    Upon turning age 26, your dependent child will be automatically dropped from medical, dental and vision coverage effective at the end of the month and you will receive a COBRA packet in the mail.

    If you have Child Life insurance, you will need to contact the OneUSG Benefits Call Center at 1-844-587-4236 to request cancellation of coverage.

  • You may add your Adult Dependent Child (age 19 up to age 26) to the Medical, Dental, and Vision plans with no additional documentation other than proof that the Dependent is your child (i.e. birth certificate). You will no longer have to provide proof of full-time student status for adult dependent children on the Dental and Vision plans.
  • Login to the OneUSG Connect Benefits Portal and click on the "Life Events" tile, then choose "Update Tobacco User Status" in the drop down menu. Complete the online Tobacco Certification identifying yourself as a non-Tobacco user and complete the Tobacco Cessation Program. Your Surcharge will be removed the 1st of the month following OneUSG approval. 

    If you have questions about the USG online Tobacco Use Certification form, need assistance accommodating the recommendations of your doctor, or have other questions, please contact  USG-TobaccoFree@usg.edu.

  • Tobacco cessation programs are available at no cost to you and your dependents. Please contact these helpful resources for more information.

    Kaiser Permanente: (866) 862-4295
    CVS MinuteClinic®: (866) 389-2727
    Georgia Tobacco Quit Line: (877) 270-7867

    Smoking Cessation information is also available on the Anthem BCBS website smoking cessation page.