Employee Assistance Program
What is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
An EAP is professional help when you need it in your work or personal life. It's trained knowledgeable resources to provide advice for the many life issues we all face. As a KSU employee, you and your family have the benefit of a customized assistance program which offers professional counseling and consultation through KEPRO.
Who is our EAP Provider?
The University System of Georgia is partnering with KEPRO, a nationally recognized healthcare management company, to provide Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services effective July 1, which includes in-person counseling sessions, referrals to community resources, supervisory consultations, crises support and work-life referrals. KEPRO's services will enable employees to access counseling sessions through a large network of professionals throughout the region.
KEPRO's counseling services include:
- Phone support for crises and emergencies, provided by counselors who hold masters and doctoral degrees.
- Phone support to arrange for in-person counseling.
- Up to four in-person counseling sessions (per incident per year) for a range of personal issues, including depression, work-family balance, and substance abuse concerns.
- Services accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Counseling will always be:
- Free to employees, covered dependents, and anyone regularly living in the household.
- Timely and convenient. Appointments with a licensed counselor are available within three to five days near where employees work or live. Appointments can be scheduled sooner if an urgent situation arises.
Also, the scope of EAP services will include an array of work-life services, available at no cost, including:
- Family Caregiving: Resources and referrals for dependent care-related services, in addition to emergency
back-up childcare and eldercare.
- Convenience Services: Assistance in locating household and daily living resources, including pet care services,
home repairs, travel planning, and event scheduling.
- Legal and Financial Services: Up to 30 minutes of financial consultation with a Certified Financial Planner or a Certified Public Accountant, per issue. Up to 30 minutes consultation with an attorney and a 25 percent discount if you decide to retain an attorney, per issue. These professionals will discuss concerns and provide suggestions on many issues, including:
- Civil/Criminal Disputes
- Credit Issues
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Tenant's Rights
Visit www.EAPHelplink.com for a wealth of on-demand resources, including articles, self-assessments, resources, and training on a wide range of topics, such as addiction, grief, anxiety, and parenting.
How do I contact KEPRO?
It's easy. Just call 844.243.4440 anytime, 24/7. You can also confidentially request support at eaphelplink.com – Company code: USGCares
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I contact the KEPRO EAP toll-free number for services?
Although the program services go live on July 1, you may contact KEPRO via the toll-free number, 844.243.4440, as early as June 24, to schedule an appointment with a KEPRO Network provider on or after July 1.
If I am already seeing a provider through our current EAP, will I be able to continue with the same provider after July 1?
Please contact KEPRO at 844.243.4440 if you would like to continue EAP services after the July 1, 2019 transition. If the provider you are currently seeing is a part of the KEPRO provider network, you can contact KEPRO on July 1 to secure authorization to continue seeing that provider. However, if your current provider is not affiliated with KEPRO, a KEPRO representative would reach out to the provider in an effort to allow your services to continue and invite them to join the KEPRO provider network.
If the provider I am seeing is not affiliated with KEPRO, would I be able to nominate them for inclusion in the KEPRO provider network?Yes, if you have a provider you would like to see considered for the KEPRO provider network, you may email us your request to email@example.com. Please include the provider’s name, city, and phone number (if available) and KEPRO will make outreach. You may also call our toll-free number, and a representative from KEPRO will gather the information to make outreach regarding the network application process.
Who can use the EAP services?The EAP with KEPRO is available to employees that work for USG. Family members that live in the same household as the eligible employee are also able to participate in the program.
Are the details of my participation in the KEPRO EAP shared with my employer?No, all calls/discussions with KEPRO and the KEPRO provider network are confidential and are not reported back to agencies.