Life Insurance Plan Options
Please visit the USG Life Insurance and AD&D Page to view:
- Life Insurance and AD&D options
- Benefits Summaries and Plan Documents
- Life insurance rates
- Evidence of Insurability Process
- Travel Assistance
- Legacy Planning Services
- Beneficiary Financial Services
- Legal Services
Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Kennesaw State University provides $25,000 in Basic Life and AD&D Coverage to benefitted employees.
Supplemental Life Insurance
In addition to the KSU paid $25,000 Basic Life and $25,000 AD&D insurance, you may elect optional additional life insurance on yourself and/or your dependents.
- Employee Supplemental life insurance - You can buy additional life insurance coverage from one to eight times your salary,
up to a maximum of $2.5 million. The lesser of 3x your annual salary or $500,000 is
guaranteed without you providing any Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
- Spouse Supplemental life insurance - Available in $10,000 increments up to $500,000. Your spouse will need to provide
proof of good health (EOI) for amounts over $50,000. If you and your spouse are USG
employees, you may not have spouse life coverage.
- Child(ren) Supplemental life insurance - Coverage available in $5,000, $10,000 and $15,000. No EOI is required. Dependent
children from age 19 to 26 do not have to be full-time students for coverage. If you
and your spouse are USG employees, only one of you may cover your dependent children.
Child Life - $.50 per month for $5,000, $1.00 per month for $10,000 and $1.50 per month for $15,000 in coverage for all eligible child dependents.
- Employee Supplemental life insurance - You can buy additional life insurance coverage from one to eight times your salary, up to a maximum of $2.5 million. The lesser of 3x your annual salary or $500,000 is guaranteed without you providing any Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance through Minnesota LifeAD&D Insurance will pay benefits if you suffer a loss (death or dismemberment) as a result of an accident). The AD&D plan also covers medical evacuation and repatriation and rehabilitation expenses, if deemed necessary under a covered loss. This insurance is not intended as a replacement for your life insurance policy but instead is a low cost supplemental policy. You can buy additional voluntary AD&D insurance in amounts of $10,000 to $500,000. Coverage is for you only or you and your family.
Employee Only - $0.016 per $1,000 of coverage
Family - $0.028 per $1,000 of coverage
Selecting a BeneficiaryYou must designate a beneficiary for your Life and AD&D coverage when you enroll in benefits on-line through the OneUSG Portal. Your beneficiary is the person or persons who will receive benefits in the event of your death. You may change your beneficiaries at any time through the ADP Self Service portal. You are the beneficiary for the Spouse and Child(ren) life insurance.
For more information, contact Minnesota Life at 1-866-293-6047 or www.lifebenefits.com.